Creation Asylum Banner

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

"The only man for me, is me."

Kabuto

Check out the site too!

Quick Jump: The AsylumV | EntertainmentV | Game MakingV | Creative ForumV | Technology & ComputersV | TranslationsV

information

Forum Rules

If you are an artist: If you can draw, but don't have any good ideas for a story, you can visit the "Story & Literature Making" forum and browse existing story or essays and if one interest you, you can ask the author if you can create a comic based on their story. or simply make a proposition in a new topic over there.

If you are a writer: If you have great ideas for a story, but cannot draw; there's still hope ! Simply post a new topic here about your request, and a link to your story if a topic already exist in the "Story & Literature Making" forum, an artist might take on the project.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Shot at Face spriting, My first time
Insanity
post Feb 26 2013, 10:37 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Member No.: 24,911
Posts Liked: 1 *
-->

RPG Maker Level:
I'm almost getting it

Class Title:
Complete Randomness

Welp... this is my first shot at it...
VX face sprites

I can tell by my first try there is definitely something wrong with it...
but i cant seem to figure it out

if you guys would be kind enough to point my problem out
I might be able to improve

made completely in paint

This post has been edited by Insanity: Feb 26 2013, 10:38 AM

"Fun can be found in the classics" -ME

Go to the top of the page

Thanks+Quote Post
VenceSkycloud211
post Feb 26 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 57,258
Posts Liked: 0 *
-->

RPG Maker Level:
Getting good

Class Title:
Eventer/Sprite Creator

Last.fm ID: N/A

Hmm. The shading seems pretty thin on the face, which makes it seem to lack some definition. The Monocle is sitting on top of the bangs and it's not attached to anything, and the hair is laying right against the head, meaning it's like... stuck to the forehead, there's nothing to the sides or near the bottom, which makes the hair look flat. Also the face is perfectly round. That could very well be a portion of your problem too. If not done right, the round faces tend to make the character faces look a bit odd. perhaps you need to give him a more angular face, like you'd see on a typical anime character or something. however, i do think that it's pretty good for a first attempt and I've seen way worse for a first try. heck, I've seen worse from people who claim to be experts mood_grin.gif Keep at it man, just practice and get better.

Oh, and just because you made it all in paint doesn't mean that it turned out bad, the little guy for my avatar i made it in paint, so just because it's made in paint doesn't mean it's bad. if you want to work with a better program though that can give you a wider array of tools, i'd suggest GIMP, which is like a dumbed down version of Photoshop that's easy to work and free to download.

Thanks+Quote Post
Insanity
post Feb 28 2013, 05:33 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 24,911
Posts Liked: 1 *
-->

RPG Maker Level:
I'm almost getting it

Class Title:
Complete Randomness

Hey thanks for that... i knew there was something wrong.... and by the way, the monocle thing was intentional... its a part of his story line...

And when I said paint i didn't mean it was bad but i just knew people would just suggest other programs when i said that...

once more.. thanks

"Fun can be found in the classics" -ME

Thanks+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- The Staff Team Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 04:39 PM

Affiliated Sites: