Creation Asylum Banner

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

"The Enrichment Center promises to always provide a safe testing environment. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always provide useful advice. For instance, the floor here will kill you. Try to avoid it."

GLaDOS (A.I From Portal)

Check out the site too!

Quick Jump: The AsylumV | EntertainmentV | Game MakingV | Creative ForumV | Technology & ComputersV | TranslationsV

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Terrificare Complete game, Survival horror game.
ozer
post Apr 12 2012, 08:15 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Member No.: 16,765
Posts Liked: 0 *
-->

RPG Maker Level:
Not Applicable

Class Title:
designer

Platform Rpg maker XP

Introduction

Terrificare is a survival horror game. It has taken me over 4 years to make, simply because i wanted to put so much into this game, it got to the point where i didn't know what to do with it, and i was going to quit, well i did for a while... Anyway i got back into it, took out a lot of ideas, changed a lot of the mapping, and finally got it finished.

Story

You are John, a paranormal investigator trapped in a world of horror... One day you get an anonymous phone call, asking if you could investigate a so called "haunted house". You agree and proceed to the house. As you arrive you see there are no doors or windows, however an old monk appears.You explain to the monk why you are here, until all of a sudden you wake up, trapped in the house with only your flashlight to guide you through.

Characters

Name: John
Bio: John is a 27 year old paranormal investigator. Through his days he has seen some creepy images, and heard some disturbing sounds. Although he lives by himself, and has no family, he is a happy man, and loves his job.

Screenshots

Features

Weather system

Using caterpillar's weather system i create a scary environment using these great weather effects.

Disturbing sounds

Encountering demons may be scary, but when playing this game you will also hear some very strange, and disturbing sounds.

E.V.P. Recording

You are able to capture E.V.P.S (Electronic voice phenomena). When ever you see something that looks out of place or can't be explained, you can use your E.V.P recorder and see if you are able to capture any sounds, and play them back! There are 12 in total.

Images that make you jump

During the game you may encoutner a scary image or live ghost, that will make you jump out of your seat.

Great story line

A great story, that will have you playing till the end!

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/?yy46r7ofaqgfafc 83.26Mb (Dark version)

Credits

Ab4 For
Changing Font Script

Amaranth For
Super Simple Splash Screen Script

Ccoas For
Weather script

shiroun
HP gauge

Tips

Be sure to check everything, look everywhere, and read things carefully, as some things give you clues.

Controls

Up, Down, Left, Right, to move your player around.
Escape to access your menu.
Hold Z to run.
Enter is your action button, to open doors etc.

This post has been edited by ozer: Apr 12 2012, 08:22 AM
Go to the top of the page

Thanks+Quote Post
GubiD
post Apr 12 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #2

...meh...
Group Icon
Group Icon

Member No.: 4,335
Posts Liked: 60 *
-->

RPG Maker Level:
Master

Class Title:
Scripting Nerd

Interesting. I will download it and give it a shot.

My Forums: SponAsylum.DynDns.org Minecraft Server: SponAsylum.DynDns.org
Help maintain the server by 'ing

My Intertubes Speeds
RM Stuff

Thanks+Quote Post
ozer
post Apr 13 2012, 06:18 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

-->

RPG Maker Level:
Not Applicable

Class Title:
designer

QUOTE(GubiD @ Apr 12 2012, 11:16 AM) *
Interesting. I will download it and give it a shot.

Thanks let me know what you think.

Thanks+Quote Post
GubiD
post Apr 13 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #4

...meh...
Group Icon
Group Icon

-->

RPG Maker Level:
Master

Class Title:
Scripting Nerd

Ok, so i played this for about 15 minutes and I got stuck. There were a couple of places that I didnt realize that I could explore because I had to press the button at first, but I went back and checked them all out eventually trying to find my way to the next section.

I liked the mood of the game, and when you entered those rooms and had that show figure jump out from under you was pretty cool. It was not too overly dark that I couldnt see what I wanted to, so that was nice. The eventing in the beginning was a little slow to get things started as well. It was all pretty well done though. Oh yeah, and when the zombie thing comes at you, there should have probably been something saying.. run (cause you cannot do crap to it). And whats with it hurting you when its no where near you?

Overall it was pretty good. Doesnt really have any real replay value though. The one quesiton I have for you is this. Why is the normal walk speed so fricken slow? Why force us to hold that button down 100% of the game? I understand that people dont run constantly, but that would be more of the walk speed in my opinion anyway.

My Intertubes Speeds
RM Stuff

Thanks+Quote Post
ozer
post Apr 14 2012, 05:02 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

-->

RPG Maker Level:
Not Applicable

Class Title:
designer

QUOTE(GubiD @ Apr 13 2012, 08:14 PM) *
Ok, so i played this for about 15 minutes and I got stuck. There were a couple of places that I didnt realize that I could explore because I had to press the button at first, but I went back and checked them all out eventually trying to find my way to the next section.

I liked the mood of the game, and when you entered those rooms and had that show figure jump out from under you was pretty cool. It was not too overly dark that I couldnt see what I wanted to, so that was nice. The eventing in the beginning was a little slow to get things started as well. It was all pretty well done though. Oh yeah, and when the zombie thing comes at you, there should have probably been something saying.. run (cause you cannot do crap to it). And whats with it hurting you when its no where near you?

Overall it was pretty good. Doesnt really have any real replay value though. The one quesiton I have for you is this. Why is the normal walk speed so fricken slow? Why force us to hold that button down 100% of the game? I understand that people dont run constantly, but that would be more of the walk speed in my opinion anyway.

Hi thank you very much for trying the game. The zombie hurts you because you took the key it was holding, it doesn't have to come near to to hurt you... I should have pointed that out in the game. The walk speed is slow because... I really don't know it's just how i created it, i never really thought of having to hold down the run button the whole game until now.

Anyway I've had no one to play test this game, so i think i should have done that beofre i released it. But you are the first to point those things out so i will edit the game and see what i can do to change them, because i agree with you on what you said.

Thank you again :)

Edit: Did you beat the game at all?

This post has been edited by ozer: Apr 14 2012, 05:03 AM

Thanks+Quote Post
GubiD
post Apr 14 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #6

...meh...
Group Icon
Group Icon

-->

RPG Maker Level:
Master

Class Title:
Scripting Nerd

What is the password to the safe next to the note that said: it burns. I tried everything I could think of but still couldn't get it open. including using the numbers from the holy book. :(

My Intertubes Speeds
RM Stuff

Thanks+Quote Post
ozer
post Apr 14 2012, 05:52 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

-->

RPG Maker Level:
Not Applicable

Class Title:
designer

QUOTE(GubiD @ Apr 14 2012, 05:45 PM) *
What is the password to the safe next to the note that said: it burns. I tried everything I could think of but still couldn't get it open. including using the numbers from the holy book. :(

KARMA, in caps, any password you enter will be in caps. The password clue was ramdom letters scatterd around the books. The holy book will help you with the final boss and nothing else.

Thanks+Quote Post
GubiD
post Apr 14 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #8

...meh...
Group Icon
Group Icon

-->

RPG Maker Level:
Master

Class Title:
Scripting Nerd

You know what you should do is use a log system, so that I dont actually have to write it down. And besides, that was not a clue that really helped me. I will continue tomorrow when I have some time.

I also noticed that in every single cabnet that has a drawer you say: 'open the draw?' rather than drawer. And Why even ask btw?

This post has been edited by GubiD: Apr 14 2012, 11:11 PM

My Intertubes Speeds
RM Stuff

Thanks+Quote Post
ozer
post Apr 15 2012, 04:26 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

-->

RPG Maker Level:
Not Applicable

Class Title:
designer

QUOTE(GubiD @ Apr 15 2012, 12:07 AM) *
You know what you should do is use a log system, so that I dont actually have to write it down. And besides, that was not a clue that really helped me. I will continue tomorrow when I have some time.

I also noticed that in every single cabnet that has a drawer you say: 'open the draw?' rather than drawer. And Why even ask btw?

Yes, I think your right about the log system, at the time I thought it would be more realistic if you had to write the clues down, same with opening the drawer. But now I can see how annoying that can be, I will have to change those for sure.

I think there will be a few annoying things like that in this game, as I had no testers, apart from myself... And I knew all the clues.

What did you mean by the clue didn't really help you?

Thanks+Quote Post
GubiD
post Apr 15 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #10

...meh...
Group Icon
Group Icon

-->

RPG Maker Level:
Master

Class Title:
Scripting Nerd

'It Burns' was not a clue to the safe. I tried everything I could think of like:
FIRE
FLAME
WOOD
ITBUR
BURNS
etc

I even tried an anagram using the holy book numbers to choose alphabet matches to each, with no dice.

What I am saying is that the clue that was near it, "it burns", didnt shed any light on what the answer was.

It also assumes that I found all the lettered library shelfs in order to put them together as well.

I would recommend putting together a book with a story or something and make an anagram out of it or something.

My Intertubes Speeds
RM Stuff

Thanks+Quote Post
ozer
post Apr 15 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

-->

RPG Maker Level:
Not Applicable

Class Title:
designer

QUOTE(GubiD @ Apr 15 2012, 11:30 AM) *
'It Burns' was not a clue to the safe. I tried everything I could think of like:
FIRE
FLAME
WOOD
ITBUR
BURNS
etc

I even tried an anagram using the holy book numbers to choose alphabet matches to each, with no dice.

What I am saying is that the clue that was near it, "it burns", didnt shed any light on what the answer was.

It also assumes that I found all the lettered library shelfs in order to put them together as well.

I would recommend putting together a book with a story or something and make an anagram out of it or something.

Ok i see, that does make sense to make a book, it would be easier to figure the clue out, how far are you on it now?

Thanks+Quote Post
GubiD
post Apr 15 2012, 08:14 PM
Post #12

...meh...
Group Icon
Group Icon

-->

RPG Maker Level:
Master

Class Title:
Scripting Nerd

I have not yet played it any further. Still trying to veg after my vacation. I will probably resume tomorrow.

My Intertubes Speeds
RM Stuff

Thanks+Quote Post
sergant45
post Oct 12 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 38,315
-->

RPG Maker Level:
Not Applicable

Class Title:
RPG Game Developer

Last.fm ID: sergant45

This is very interesting! I might give it a shot! :) good job!

BTW me and my crew are making a new.gif game! yahoo.gif clap.gif please check it out!

Thanks+Quote Post
cockroach
post Feb 25 2013, 11:30 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 25,826
Posts Liked: 1 *
-->

RPG Maker Level:
Fair

Class Title:
RPG Architect

i'd like to necropost to know where to get the rope, if anyone knows, since i'm stuck at the jump part x(

and... my feedback to the game itself:

aesthetically, it is outstanding, very nice sound effects and visual asset. the game achieves an intense atmosphere.
but concept-wise, it leaves a lot to desire... although the story is interesting indeed, the riddles and the game itself don't follow a good logic. the player needs to "try out everything" because anything can work. and until the part i've been through, there isn't much synergy between the recorded sounds and the riddles.

Thanks+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- The Staff Team Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 03:48 AM

Affiliated Sites: